Copper and brass are metals that can leach into food if they come into contact with acidic or alkaline foods.
This can happen during cooking, storage, or even if the food is left in the utensil for too long.
Copper and brass can also react with certain ingredients in the food,
such as salt or vinegar, and create harmful compounds.
The ingestion of excessive amounts of copper can lead to copper toxicity
which can cause symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
Long-term exposure to copper can also cause liver damage and neurological problems.
To minimize the health risks associated with cooking or storing food in copper or brass utensils, it is important to follow certain guidelines.