Looking for a place to take your family or friends for a picnic this summer? Mumbai should definitely be at the top of your list! Not only is the city full of amazing architecture and history, but it’s also home to some of the best places to eat in India.
From street food to famous 5-star restaurants, there’s really something for everyone in Mumbai. But if you’re looking for an even more unique picnic experience, head to one of Mumbai’s many lakes! There’s something calming and refreshing about taking a walk around one of these lakes while listening to the sounds of nature. So why not make it a summer tradition to visit Mumbai and enjoy some amazing outdoor experiences? Mumbai is a city that is full of history and architecture. It’s also home to some of the best restaurants in India, as well as some amazing lakes for a picnic. If you’re looking for an unique summer experience, Mumbai is definitely the place to go!
A Brief History
Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Mumbai was founded by the British in 1683 and became a major port city. After India gained independence from Britain in 1947, Mumbai became the capital of Maharashtra state. The city has continued to grow rapidly and has become a global center for finance, commerce, entertainment, and art. Mumbai is located on the west coast of India on the Arabian Sea. The city has a population of over 20 million people and covers an area of 1,510 square kilometers (593 square miles).
It is divided into two parts: Colaba, which is known for its Victorian architecture and beaches; and Fort Area which contains modern skyscrapers and shopping areas. Mumbai is home to some of the world’s most famous attractions including Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Memorial Museum, Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Marine Drive, and CSMT (Central Railway Station). Some of Mumbai’s most popular restaurants include Lala Ghantasala’s restaurant at Taj Mahal Palace Hotel; Rang Mahal at Oberoi hotel; KFC at Bandra-Kurla Complex; Pizza Hut at Nariman Point; Dominos at Marine Drive; McDonalds at Ghatkopar railway station. There are also many shops selling Indian handicrafts such as bangle shops, jewelers, embroidery shops etc.
Where to Go in Mumbai for a Picnic?
If you’re looking for a great place to picnic in Mumbai, there’s no need to look any further. Here are five of the best spots:
1. Juhu Beach Juhu Beach is a beautiful spot for a picnic, with pristine sands and clear waters. The beach opens up to the Arabian Sea, so you can watch the waves crash while you eat your lunch.
2. Girgaum Chowpatty Girgaum Chowpatty is another popular spot for picnicking in Mumbai. With its wide promenade and picturesque ponds, it’s perfect for a morning or afternoon stroll. Plus, there are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby if you get hungry later on.
3. Mahalaxmi Racecourse If you’re looking for something more energetic than a casual picnic, Mahalaxmi Racecourse may be the perfect spot for you. It’s home to several thoroughbred racecourses, which offer some exhilarating racing action – perfect if you’re trying to wind down after lunch! 3 5e Walk Along The Marine Drive If a walk along the ocean sounds like too much work (or if it’s raining), then head over to Marine Drive instead! This stretch of coastline overlooks the Arabian Sea, and offers stunning views all the way until Elephanta Island. Just make sure not to miss out on one of Mumbai’s iconic landmarks -the Taj Mah
How to Pack for Going on a Picnic?
Step 1 Pack a picnic basket with food and drinks. Step 2 Choose a location for your picnic. In Mumbai, there are many beautiful spots to choose from. You can find parks, beaches, and gardens ideal for picnicking. Step 3 Plan your menu. There are many options for food when it comes to picnics. Some ideas include sandwiches, salads, fruit baskets, and pastas. Serve up some drinks as well so everyone can enjoy their meal! Step 4 Be prepared for weather conditions. Bring sun cloths and umbrellas if the forecast calls for rain or shine. You also might want to bring a blanket or pillows if you’re planning on spending a lot of time sitting around the picnic basket.
Who Should Take Along on a Picnic?
A picnic in Mumbai is a perfect way to spend an afternoon with friends and family. The city has plenty of parks where you can enjoy a beautiful view. Or take a walk through some of the historic neighbourhoods.
Here are five places to go for a picnic in Mumbai:
1. Mahalaxmi Park Mahalaxmi Park is one of the most popular parks in Mumbai. It’s surrounded by beautiful buildings, including the Prince of Wales Museum and the Victoria Memorial, so it has plenty of attractions to keep visitors busy. There are also several lawns and ponds where you can relax and have a picnic lunch.
2. Marine Drive One of the prettiest parts of Mumbai is Marine Drive. This stretch of road runs along the Arabian Sea, and there are plenty of spots where you can have a picnic lunch or just relax and enjoy the views. Stop at one of the cafes for a light snack or dinner, then head back to your vehicle for some shut-eye under the stars.
3. Juhu Beach If you’re looking for a beach that’s close to town, try Juhu Beach. It’s usually pretty quiet and Crustacean lovers will appreciate its variety of seafood restaurants nearby. Bring your own food and drinks if you want – there’s no need to spend money on park fees or anything like that here!
4. Chowpatty Beach Chowpatty Beach used to be known as Bombay’s
What To Bring On A Picnic?
Looking for a great place to have a picnic in Mumbai? Look no further! Here are five of the best places to enjoy some quality time with friends and family.
1. Juhu Beach: Perhaps one of the most iconic spots in Mumbai, Juhu Beach is the perfect spot for a romantic picnic. With soft sand and clear waters, it’s easy to spend a lazy afternoon sunbathing and enjoying the views.
2. Marine Drive: Another beautiful beach location, Marine Drive is perfect for anyone looking for an outdoor adventure. From fishing to hiking, there’s plenty to do here without having to worry about leaving your picnic spot.
3. Also Colaba Causeway: Sitting right on the Arabian Sea, Colaba Causeway is an ideal spot for seafood lovers. With kilometres of waterfront walkways and restaurants galore, it’s easy to pack your own lunch and take advantage of all that this area has to offer.
4. Mahalaxmi Temple: Home to some of Mumbai’s most iconic architecture. Mahalaxmi Temple is a must-see for any visitor looking for an interesting outing. With sprawling gardens and hundreds of idols dotting its grounds, it’s easy to spend hours exploring this UNESCO World Heritage Site without ever leaving your picnic spot!
5. Also Dhobi Ghat: Located in Colaba district, Dhobi Ghat is well known among locals as one of the city’s best spots
Where To Eat On A Picnic?
Mumbai has a plethora of amazing places to eat on a picnic. One of the most popular spots is Colaba Causeway, which offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea and Mumbai’s skyline. Also For those who want to get up close and personal with their food, head to Zizi’s in Juhu for an intimate setting with great Mediterranean cuisine. Also For those who are looking for something more casual, try out The Pit Stop near Parel or The Spot by Fort Aguada in Malad. Whether you’re looking for seafood or traditional Indian cuisine, Mumbai has something for everyone.
Also If you’re looking for a picnic spot in Mumbai that offers stunning views of the city, Blue Lagoon is definitely worth a visit. The park is also great for a leisurely walk, as it features plenty of shady spots and peaceful areas perfect for taking in the sights and sounds of Mumbai. Whether you’re planning your next trip to Mumbai or just want to enjoy a beautiful day out, Blue Lagoon is an excellent choice.