Announcing NDA’s candidate for India’s subsequent President, JP Nadda stated that BJP parliamentary board mentioned 20 names for presidential nominees, it was determined to pick a person from east India, a tribal and woman.
- Draupadi Murmu, a tribal chief from Odisha, has been named as NDA’s candidate for President
- Murmu, ex-Jharkhand Guv, might be the first tribal lady to occupy a top constitutional post if elected
- The opposition has introduced former Union minister Yashwant Sinha as its joint candidate for President
President Election 2022:
Droupadi Murmu (64), a tribal chief and previous Jharkhand Governor, has been named because of the BJP-led NDA’s preference for the subsequent President of India.
“Our candidate Droupadi Murmu has committed her life to empowering the poor, and downtrodden in addition to the marginalised and serving society. She has excellent administrative experience and had a top-notch gubernatorial tenure. I am assured she will be an exceptional President of our nation,” tweeted PM Modi after NDA introduced its candidate.
“Proud moment for Odisha to have Draupadi Murmu as NDA’s Presidential candidate. I was overjoyed whilst PM Modi discussed this with me.”Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik stated. “She will set a shining instance for women empowerment in our country,” Patnaik added.
The declaration was made by BJP leader JP Nadda after the party’s parliamentary meeting attended by PM Modi, and Home Minister Amit Shah amongst other leaders in Delhi. Murmu, a former Jharkhand governor, might be the first tribal lady to occupy the pinnacle constitutional post if she is elected, a strong opportunity as numbers are stacked in favour of the BJP-led NDA.
The BJP has selected former Jharkhand governor Draupadi Murmu because of the party’s preference for the approaching Presidential elections on an afternoon when the Opposition also selected Yashwant Sinha as its candidate. The selection was taken at the BJP’s parliamentary board meeting chaired by PM Narendra Modi.
HERE’S ALL YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- Father’s Name: Late Biranchi Narayan Tudu
- Husband’s Name: Late Shyam Charan Murmu
- Children: 1 Daughter – Mrs Itishree Murmu (Spouse – Mr Ganesh Ch Hembram)
- Date of Birth: twentieth June 1958
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Arts ( Ramadevi Women’s College Bhubaneswar)
- Professional Career: 2015-2021: Governor of Jharkhand State
- 2013: National Executive Member S.T. Morcha, B.J.P. until April, tenth, 2015.
- 2013: Then, Elected Again as District President, Mayurbhanj (West), B.J.P. until April, tenth 2015.
- 2010: District President, Mayurbhanj (West), B.J.P.
- 2007: Awarded as “Nilakantha Award” for The Best MLA of the year 2007 through the Legislative Assembly of Odisha. 2006-2009: State President S.T. Morcha, B.J.P.
- 2004-2009: Member of Legislative Assembly, Rairangpur, Odisha. 2002-2009: National Executive Member S.T. Morcha, B.J.P.
- 2000-2004: Member of Legislative Assembly, Rairangpur, Odisha and then became Minister of State (Independent Charge), Government of Odisha, Dept. of Transport and Commerce.
- 2002-2004: Animal Husbandry Department Govt. of Odhisa.
- 2002-2002: Department of Fisheries Govt. of Odhisa.
- 1997: Vice-President State S.T. Morcha, BJP.
- 1997: Won As Councilor and later became Vice-Chairperson Rairangpur Service Career.
- 1979-1983: Junior Assistant in Irrigation and Power Department, Govt of Odisha
- 1994-1997: Honorary Assitant Teacher at the Shri Aurobindo Integral Education Centre, Rairangpur