The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a tool for saving. Both the employee and the employer make equal contributions to savings that can be accessed at retirement or after changing jobs. The interest rate that applies to EPF contributions is 8.1% for the period of October 1 through December 31, 2021–2022.
You can now access the EPFO app/Umang app, the EPFO Portal, the EPFO app, and missed call SMS features to check your EPF balance. Employees can easily: by having access to their EPF balance:
- Plan their expenses well
- Avail a loan against their EPF balance
- Check the status of their PF balance
How to Check PF Balance?
You can check your pf balance in a variety of methods, both with and without UAN. The following is a list of them:
- Giving a missed call to mobile number 9966044425
- Sending an SMS to mobile number 7738299899
- Using EPFO online portal
- Using UMANG mobile application
How to Check PF Balance With UAN?
PF Balance Check Using EPFO Portal
Before checking your EPF balance, make sure your employer has activated your (UAN) Universal Account Number. For all employees engaged in the EPF program, a UAN is a special identifying number that is given. No matter how many businesses a person works for throughout the course of their career, they should only have one UAN. Because the entire EPF services process is now completed online, UAN is essential. UAN makes it easier to access PF account services including withdrawal, checking your EPF balance, and applying for an EPF loan.
Once your UAN number is operational, take the following actions:
Step 1: Visit the EPFO website. Select the “For Employees” option from the drop-down menu under the “Our Services” page.
Step 2: Now select “Services” and then “Member passbook.”
Step 3: There will be a login page. Once activated, enter your UAN number and password here.
Step 4: Click the “View Password [Old: Full]” button after choosing the “Member ID” option.
Step 5: Your PF information will be shown on the screen.
Step 6: By selecting the ‘Download Passbook’ option, you can print this passbook.
PF Balance Check Using the UMANG/EPFO App
Employees can download the UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) app to their smartphones to verify the status of their EPF funds. In addition to checking EPF balances, the app allows you to file and follow claims. Users must register with their UAN-registered mobile number once before using the app.
Let’s check how you can view your EPF transactions using the UMANG app:
- Get the UMANG app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- On the ‘All Services’ tab, choose the “EPFO” option.
- ‘View Passbook’ can be found under ‘Employee Centric Service’.
How to Check PF Balance Without UAN?
PF Balance Check by Sending an SMS
Once your KYC information has been merged with the UAN, proceed as follows:
- Send an SMS to 7738299899, a cellphone number.
- ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’ will be used to send the message.
You must choose your chosen language for communication in the SMS. To do so, only input the first three letters of the language you wish to use. If you want to receive updates in English, type EPFOHO UAN ENG, which is the first three letters of the language.
Enter EPFOHO UAN MAR if you want to receive message updates in Marathi, Hindi, English, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Bengali are all supported languages for this service.
PF Balance Check Through a Missed Call
By placing a missed call from your registered mobile number to the permitted phone, you can find out your EPF balance. Your UAN and KYC data must be connected in order to use this service. You can ask your employer for help if you are unable to do this.
Once your KYC information has been integrated with the UAN, adhere to the guidelines below:
- Make a missed call from your registered mobile phone to 9966044425.
- You will receive an SMS containing your PF information after placing a missed call.
Is the e-Nomination Process for PF Account Mandatory?
There is no fore-nomination need for PF accounts according to the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). To help your nominees inherit your EPF account after your passing and protect your loved ones, it is advised that you complete an electronic nomination for your PF account.
How to Submit an e-Nomination in EPFO?
- Go to the UAN Member e-Sewa website.
- The UAN number, password, captcha code, and “Sign In” button must all be entered.
- Choose the ‘E-nomination’ option from the ‘Manage’ tab at this point.
- To amend the family declaration, click ‘Yes’.
- By selecting “Add Family Details,” you can now add the family member’s information to the online nomination form. Additionally, more than one nomination may be added.
- In order to declare the complete share amount, click on “Nomination Details.”
- Then select “Save EPF Nomination.”
- Finally, select “E-sign” to generate an OTP and enter the OTP you obtained on your Aadhaar-linked cellphone number.