Yes, you read that correctly! YouTube has introduced a new program in a completely unexpected yet astonishing manner. In India, the Viewer Revenue Share Program (VRS) 2nd phase has begun. YouTube CEO Neal Mohan issued the formal statement. He stated that this program will contribute to the growth of the brotherhood within the YouTube family.
“The VRS program intends to create an even more rewarding and inclusive ecosystem that’s beneficial to content creators, viewers, and YouTube,” Mr. Mohan continued. We hope that by sharing ad money with viewers, we will be able to create a more engaged and devoted community.”
This program is not the first of its kind, and Part I is already running well in the United States. Phase I was a major success for YouTube, generating substantial earnings for the company.
How can VRS contribute to profit generation?
Since YouTube provides viewers shares in exchange for watching content, its user base has grown tenfold. The first test was held in the United States, and it was a huge success.
The trial, which began on January 1st, 2023, garnered overwhelmingly good feedback from viewers. As a consequence of this creative scheme, platform viewing times climbed by over 100%, and a number of users earned up to $200 per month.
Following are instructions for viewers engaging in the VRS program to guarantee a fair and open program:
- If you leave your gadget unattended when videos are playing, your income sharing will be terminated.
- Lack of activity on the screen for over five minutes will also result in the cessation of income sharing.
- The more commercials you view, the more money you make. Skipping advertisements will result in a lesser income distribution.
- Content that piques the attention of advertisers, such as technology and finance, will have higher ad prices and consequently a bigger income share for viewers.
- The VRS program will support both lengthy and short films.
- Any fraudulent conduct or efforts to game the system will result in an instant suspension from the program.
Revenue Payout Details
YouTube’s ad revenue will be distributed as follows under the VRS program:
Content Creators: 45% | Viewers: 10% | YouTube: 45%
Viewers who participate in the VRS program must link a KYC-compliant banking account in order to receive their ad income split. The payouts are going to be made to the associated bank account automatically. The criteria for income is that an advertising revenue of $100 is earned for every video.
How to activate youtube VRS in India?
YouTube intends to introduce the YT Studio app in India, which will allow users to track the following:
- Total videos watched
- Average ad rate
- Total ads watched
- Total revenue generated.
Ad income updates will be accessible at the final day of each month after this app is launched. For example, the income for April will be updated on the final day of April.