Here is all you must understand about the theme, background, importance and quotes of International Olympic Day 2022.
Every year International Olympic Day is celebrated on June 23. The day is widely known for sports activities and health, wherein people related to sports activities come together to promote and exercise mass sports.
It additionally gives support for an extensive variety of sports, cultural and academic sports that allow people to show their talent. The day brings people collectively for a better world ahead.
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC DAY 2022: HISTORY
The background of this day lies in the forty-second IOC Session in St Moritz. In the year 1948, health practitioner Gruss, a Czech IOC member, represented the concept of World Olympic day at the forty-first session of the International Olympic Committee in Stockholm, Sweden.
The day is based on the concept of the Olympic movement. And it celebrates the founding of the IOC at Sorbonne Paris on June 23, 1894, wherein Pierre de Coubertin revived the Olympic Games. The National Olympic Committee (NOC) created this occasion, which marks a unique moment in the history of the Olympic movement.
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC DAY 2022: SIGNIFICANCE
The day performs a sizeable role because it motivates people to take part in games and unfold awareness of diverse sports-associated activities. The National Olympic Committee (NOC) created this occasion, which marks a unique second withinside the records of the Olympic movement.
Schools and institutions mark the event by guiding people to imbibe the value of sports activities in everyday lives.
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC DAY 2022: THEME
This year’s Olympic Day topic is ‘Together for a Peaceful World’.
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC DAY 2022: QUOTES
- “Never purchase gold, simply earn it”- Mary Kom
- “People throw stones at you, and you change them into milestones”- Sachin Tendulkar
- “The glory is being happy. The glory isn’t always winning here or winning there. The glory is taking part in practising each day, looking to be a better player than before”- Rafael Nadal
- “You were given to try and attain for the stars or try and acquire the unreachable”- Cathy Freeman
- “Obstacles don’t need to prevent you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn round and deliver up. Figure out the way to climb it, undergo it, or work around it. Michael Jordan