TTES of North Eastern Railway will soon run with handheld terminals. North Eastern Railway has received 316 HHT from Railway Board. The TTE has been called to Delhi for training before carrying the HHT.
- Gorakhpur, Jagran Correspondent. Railway Board has intensified preparations to make the Ticket Checking Staff (TTE) of North Eastern Railway smart. Now they will also run with Hand Held Terminal (HHT) on the lines of Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express.
- The reservation chart will be updated automatically from HHT. When the berth becomes vacant, the RAC and thereafter waiting for tickets will be automatically allotted to the passengers. This information will be available through mobile.
- Along with the allotment of berths, tickets and fines will also be deducted online. TTE will be exempted from carrying a reservation chart and Access Fare Ticket (EFT). Passengers will not have to run after TTE for a berth.
- 316 HHT to North Eastern Railway: In order to implement the new system, Railway Board
has provided 316 HHT to North Eastern Railway in the first phase. Railway Administration has distributed in Lucknow, Varanasi and Izzatnagar Divisional Office. The TTEs will be thoroughly trained before carrying the HHT. The training of ticket checking staff posted in the division has started.
- Railway Board has also called to train TTES of North Eastern Railway on 29th and 30th
June. Who will come back and train other TTEs? The Railway administration has designated TTEs going to Delhi for training.
- HHT will stop counterfeiting of tickets: HHT will also stop forgery. In case of apprehension, genuine and fake tickets will also be checked by HHT itself. In which train is TTE travelling, how much ticket and fine have been made. The officers sitting in the office will continue to get information.
- The fare and penalty money will go directly into the account of the bank affiliated with the railways. There will also be freedom from accounting for money. That is, the entire work of TTE will be done online (paperless). Transparency will increase with ease of functioning.
- The system will run from the network of RailTel: The system of HHT will be run from the
network 4G of RailTel. He will not respond on the way like Point of Sale (POS). In fact,
to make the system transparent, the railway administration has given POS to every TTE,
but to date, not a single online fine has been deducted. The POS system of Railways and
State Bank of India has collapsed even before it can take off.