Mohammad had joined Pakistan-based extremist religious organization Dawat-e-Islami through Riyasat Hussain and Abdul Razak of Udaipur and had visited Karachi in Pakistan at the end of 2013 together with 30 others from India, intelligence sources stated
- After killing tailor Kanhaiya Lal in Udaipur over his alleged help for the insult of the Prophet, the 2 accused — Riyaz Akhtari and Ghosh Mohammad — have been making plans to visit Ajmer Sharif Dargah, however, have been arrested in Bhim, Rajsamand, intelligence assets informed. Mohammad had joined Pakistan-based extremist religious institution Dawat-e-Islami via Riyasat Hussain and Abdul Razak of Udaipur and had visited Karachi in Pakistan by the end of 2013, together with 30 others from India, sources stated.
- He was accompanied by others from Udaipur — Wasim Akthari and Akthar Raza — and again on February 1, 2014, after forty-five days. Mohammad had additionally visited Saudi Arabia two times in 2013 and 2019 and Nepal in 2017-18, sources stated. Mohammad found out that Dawat -e-Islami is likewise related to Pakistan’s extremist political party Tehriq-e-Labbaik. He was additionally in consistent contact with Salman Bhai and Abbu Ibrahim in Karachi, each of whom is related to Dawat-e-Islami.
‘SHOW STRONG REACTION’
- After former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Nupur Sharma’s comments in opposition to the Prophet, Salman Bhai and Abbu Ibrahim informed Mohammad that they’d protested in Pakistan and that he, too, need to show “a robust reaction” in India.
- On June 20, Akhtari and Mohammad had a meeting at Anjuman, Mukherjee chowk in Udaipur with Mujib Siddique (Anjuman Sadar), Julkan Sadar (Maulana), Ashwaq (lawyer) and Manud (lawyer), in which the duo volunteered to kill the tailor. Riyaz surveyed his store four-5 times. Mohammad then contacted Salman Bhai and Abbu Ibrahim and informed them he’ll do “something exemplary” and send a video to them, stated sources.
- The body of Kanhaiya Lal was passed over to family individuals after an autopsy on Wednesday, officers stated. Lal’s funeral procession commenced from his residence in sector 14 amid tight protection arrangements withinside the presence of hundreds of locals. The incident induced stray cases of violence in Udaipur and a curfew has been clamped in seven police station regions of the city.
- A day after the murder, heavy deployment of police has been made withinside the city. In Jaipur, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has convened a high-level assembly with the state minister for Home Rajendra Yadav, Chief secretary Usha Sharma, Additional Chief Secretary, Home, DGP, DG Intelligence, and different senior officers, official sources stated.